JOB OPENING: Jr. Social Media / Content Specialist
JR. SOCIAL MEDIA/COPY SPECIALIST
Applied Advertising is looking for a Jr. Social Media Specialist to help our virtual creative team in Austin, TX.
10-15 hours per week
A little bit about us:
We partner with brands to help create, build, and make environmental installations go smoothly. Given our national and international experience, we are on an upward swing for growth.
Applied Advertising is one of the most innovative visual design and environmental installation companies in North America. Over the past 16 years, we have pioneered a unique approach to building brand extensions for our many clients across the US, Canada, and South America. Our work spans: Retail, Out of Home, Transit, Events, Sports, and Custom Created Solutions. Please check out our Meet the CEO video to get to know our founder a bit. It’s on our About Us page.
Where a Brand Message Gets the Space it Deserves. Any Where. Any Surface.
CREATE + BUILD + INSTALL
A little bit about you:
We look for passionate people who want hands-on experience creating content, following social media trends, pitching ideas, and supporting the needs of the team (scheduling posts, pulling reports, et cetera).
You will be assisting our Sr. Content/Copy Manager and the VP of Creative & Innovation as a “virtual team member.”
- Source / scout / recon / discover opportunities for social introduction and engagement across the channels and across our audiences.
- Discover content across channels and industries, which is suitable for sharing or repurposing to benefit and better serve our clients and prospects.
- Draft social updates and blog posts for review.
- Assist with researching and preparing blog posts, case studies, gallery items, and other digital content assets.
- Assist in scheduling and posting social updates by channel, using third party platforms, like HootSuite, in addition to the native web and mobile clients.
- Assist in posting blog and site content to WordPress, pending review, pre publication, such as blog posts, new pages, and new portfolio items.
- Assist in revising existing pages, posts, and portfolio items in WordPress.
- Perform account maintenance across channels, e.g. Twitter thank you’s and follow backs.
We are interested in candidates that possess the following:
- Proven writing and editing ability
- Digital content and social media savvy
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Drive
- Organizational skills and the ability to work on deadline off-site
- Professionalism informed by warmth and charm
- Strong understanding of social media trends, as well as the working mechanics of relevant platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Ability to multi-task
- Firsthand opportunity to work with experienced team members and touch new industries
- Opportunity to learn essential content management skills and build your portfolio
$10-15/hr based on experience level
Please submit all inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org.